We are proud to offer our diverse 72,000 workforce an easy-to-access and comprehensive health and wellbeing offer that supports mental health, physical wellbeing and emotional resilience.
We fully recognise the importance of looking after all of our staff and supporting colleagues to make informed choices about working through personal problems.
The launch of the SYB Health and Wellbeing (SYB HWB) Hub provides a wide range of resources to staff free-of-charge, 24/7 and 365 days a year.
On this site you will find information about how to access:
- Counselling and specialist accredited mental health support - provided by Vivup, accredited by Accreditation Programme for Psychological Therapies Services (APPTS)
- Wellbeing webinars and training courses - topics such as menopause, financial wellbeing and compasion fatigue
- Specific themed support - to include men's health, physical wellbeing and Long Covid
- Recommended reading - blogs, books and articles
- National NHSE/I support
All of the above services are accessible to colleagues in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw in the following areas: all 7 Acute Trusts and the 2 Mental Health Trusts, all CCGs, the ICS, Health students, Health and Social Care, Yorkshire Ambulance Service, Voluntary sector and Primary Care (to include general practice, optical sector, dental sector and community pharmacy).
Image source: SYB Resilience Hub
Vivup Mental Health Support
We are pleased to be working with Vivup to provide a 24/7 helpline service, to include counselling, self-help information and fast-track access to therapy where needed.
Colleagues can call 0330 380 0658 at any time to access this service.
Once you have contacted Vivup, you will be provided with fast-track access to assessment and the appropriate support pathway:
- 24/7, 365 helpline
- Conﬁdential, high quality, in house specialists
- Self help resources and signposting
We are here to help.
For more information and support resources, please visit here
Health & Wellbeing Themes
Services for Staff
Key services for staff include SYB's Training Hub with a large number of free bookable sessions and national NHS People support programmes.
Please note: clicking on the below links may mean you are re-directed to an external site.
2022 Key Dates
Supporting diversity in your organisation with dates for your diary
Previous Events & Recordings
A selection of webinar recordings are below. Click the box-links to play the videos.
To find out more about the full range of training and wellbeing support sessions, please visit the SYB Training Hub
Apps & Further Resources
NHS staff have been given free access to a number of wellbeing apps and services to support with their mental health and wellbeing.
- Unmind (sleep, relationships, stress, anxiety)
- Daylight (worry, anxiety)
- Headspace (sleep, stress)
- Sleepio (sleep)
- Calm (sleep, stress, anxiety, focus, self-improvement)
- Practitioner Health - support for doctors and dentists (mental illness, addiction)
Find more on Wellbeing apps (NHS England)
Supporting colleagues with the conflict in Ukraine
- How Helpful Are Interventions for War-Affected Civilians? - Psychology Today
- Living through war: Mental health of children and youth in conflict-affected areas - International Review of the Red Cross
- Children and War Foundation
- Useful resources for talking about Ukraine and Russia - BBC Children in Need
- Ukraine conflict: How to help yourself, your kids and others - BBC
- How to talk to your teenager about the invasion of Ukraine - BBC Bitesize
- Ukraine: what you can do to help - UK Government
- Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal - Disasters Emergency Committee
- The Mindful Workplace by Michael Chaskalson
- Mindfulness for Health by Danny Penman
- The Mindful Way Through Stress by Shamash Alidina
- How Not to Worry by Paul McGee
- How to Have a Great Life by Paul McGee
- Minduflness @ Work by Anna Black
- Rebel Ideas by Matthew Syed
- Black Box Thinking by Matthew Syed
- Bounce by Matthew Syed
- Failosophy by Elizabeth Day
- Good Vibes, Good Life by Vex King
- The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down by Haemin Sumin
- Joy At Work by Marie Kondo
Related news and blogs
5 October 2021