The ‘NHS Five Year Joint Forward Plan’ has been developed by NHS South Yorkshire, working with the region’s hospitals, Local Councils and voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations. The plan is a forward look at what is most important for keeping people healthy and making sure everyone has equal access to health care across Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield.
There are seven areas of focus in the plan:
- Improving maternity services and services for children and young people.
- Improving access to primary care (GPs, pharmacists, optometrists and dentists)
- Improving access and transforming mental health services
- Transforming community services
- Recovering urgent and emergency care including developing alternatives to A&E
- Recovering and optimising cancer, elective and diagnostic pathways
- Improving access and redesigning specialist services for those with learning disabilities and autism.
To find the full report and more details click here.