Providing excellent urgent and emergency care services
Developing urgent care services so that people will always be able to access the most appropriate care in an urgent or emergency situation.
Our vision for urgent and emergency care in SYB is to ensure all of our urgent and emergency services are the best – with world-class facilities and the specialist expertise to treat and care for patients with life threatening and non-life threatening injuries or conditions. This includes urgent and emergency mental health services and signposting. We want to have high quality urgent care services in a community setting (for treating non-life threatening injuries or conditions) that complement the urgent and emergency services within our hospitals.
To help us achieve this, we work together across the region to make sure our services meet the needs of our local population. To meet local and national priorities, we will:
- Provide better signposting to all the urgent care services available, such as walk-in services, pharmacy care and A&E departments
- Make sure that we’re using technology to help us to offer the most up to date services and treatments
- Work as a network so that care is given at the right time by the right staff in the right place with the right equipment
- Reshape services where necessary to provide the best patient care and experience
- Transform services in the community, working closely with primary care colleagues and community teams to meet the needs of patients close to their home/where they live to make sure that only the people most in need will go to hospital.