For the latest information and advice about protecting yourself from COVID-19 please visit the NHS website.
Protecting public health, supporting staff and maintaining essential services
Since the very start of the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020, health and care parternships across South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw have been working together to support 1.5 million people access vital services, receive their vaccination and continue accessing appropriate care through new innovative and digitally-enabled platforms.
Examples of how we've been working across our system with NHS, Local Authorities and voluntary sector partners include:
- Setting up rapid COVID-19 testing hubs across our regional pathology and diagnostic networks
- Adapting key hospital, primary care and mental heath services to continue seeing non-COVID-19 patients safely
- Supporting the re-allocation and coordination of additional workforce reinforcements e.g. student nurses into frontline roles
- Using our procurement reach and supply chain networks to provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where it's needed most
- Harnassing the experience of those working in clinical and leadership roles; through documenting changes rapidly put into place to adapt services during the first wave of the pandemic to support ongoing contigency planning
- Working with partner organisations to coordinate key messages relating to public health campaigns
You can find out more about what we're currently doing below.