Barnsley is a metropolitan borough in South Yorkshire.
- Population size: 245,199 (2018, ONS UK)
- Area: 329.2 km²
- The borough is largely rural with a large number of towns, wards and villages and is part of the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority.
Barnsley Health and Care Plan 2023 – 2025
Across South Yorkshire we want everyone to live happy and healthier lives for longer. We know times are tough with the ongoing effects of Covid-19 and the rising cost of living, our engagement shows that having access to high quality care and support is important for our community.
This is why Barnsley health and care partnership has created a dedicated health and care plan for Barnsley that explains what they will be prioritising over the next two years to help us with this ambition.
They will be working to:
- Make services more accessible – so you get the right support when and where you need it
- Provide more joined up care – removing barriers to health and care across different places so you experience seamless care
- Support people to keep healthy – giving you opportunities to keep a healthy lifestyle for yourself and your family
- Offer the best possible start in life for people – helping you to nurture a lifetime of good health and happiness for your child from birth to adulthood
- Develop our talented workforce – so they are equipped to make sure you can experience excellent healthcare
This plan describes how partners from the NHS, council, community and voluntary sector, and social enterprises services including Healthwatch Barnsley will work in partnership to deliver these priorities. This is because not one single organisation can transform health and care on their own.
When we come together and work alongside local communities we know that we can make a bigger difference.
Alongside the plan the partnership has also published its report on tackling health inequalities in Barnsley.
Read the full plan here.