Making the best use of our workforce
Our acute Trusts have a long standing reputation for collaboration.
The South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw (SYB) Acute Federation is made up of five acute NHS Trusts: Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Together we have committed to using our collective expertise and resources to ensure the people of SYB have prompt access to excellent healthcare through:
- Working together to drive the quality of care to be amongst the best in the country
- Taking a proactive approach to reduce health inequalities for the populations we serve
- Collaboratively developing our colleagues and teams so that we have happy staff
- Being a great partner to the rest of the health and care system in SYB
- Supporting each other to achieve all the NHS waiting time standards for local people
- Seeking innovative ways to more effectively use the NHS pound so there is enough resource for the whole system
The Acute Federation is led by the Trust Chairs and Chief Executives, alongside a range of professional partnership groups and is supported by a Managing Director and programme team.
South Yorkshire & Bassetlaw Acute Federation Clinical Strategy 2023-2028
The South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Acute Federation Clinical Strategy sets out the clinical services framework for the Acute Provider Federation in its role to support acute service development and delivery across South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw. To read the full strategy, please click here.
The South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Acute Federation’s Annual Report 2022/23
The South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Acute Federation’s Annual Report for 2022/23 provides an overview of the progress made during the last 12 months. To read the full report, please click here.